Monday, April 4, 2011

Trattoria 4 Leone



I've found my favorite restaurant. Nestled into a piazza in the Oltrano, 4 Leone has spilled out its doors in an array of white umbrellas and manicured green bushes to celebrate the arrival of warm weather. I went my second night in Florence and ate on a budget. I went when my parents were here and ate everything. I went when my friend's family was here and reminded myself of what a wonderful place it is.
This ambiance is cozy and Italian with its low arched, stucco ceiling, yet modern with its turquoise walls and fancy dish presentation. The food is phenomenal. The salads, the Ribolita (traditional Tuscan vegetable and bread soup), the pastas, the meats, the fishes, and last but far from least, the desserts, everything I have tried has been outstanding. The menu is only in Italian but the wait staff speaks pretty good English so they are helpful in translating. Or, you can just learn Italian.
I recommend trying...
  • Pecorino cheese selection with honey ("Pecorini misti"),
  • The 4 Leone salad which has arugula, pine nuts, swiss cheese, avocado, and a pesto dressing ( "Insalata 4 Leoni: avocado, rucola, emmenthal, pinoli e pesto di rucola"),
  • Large tortellini with pears and cheese inside and a light cream sauce with asparagus ("Fiocchetti di pera in salsa di taleggio e asparagi"),
  • Cheesecake with wildberries ("Cheese cake di Maurino ai frutti di bosco")

No comments:

Post a Comment