Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Old Friend in the Fountain


This is my favorite fountain in Florence. 

My first encounter with the fountain was on my first night in Florence way back in January, the shuttle that took us from the airport to our new apartments crashed into the fountain, luckily it was unharmed.
From then on it became a marker of the street to my best friend in Florence's apartment, the way to my favorite restaurant (4 Leoni), the halfway mark on the walk to school or to home, and just a friendly face when I was flustered from elbowing my way through tour groups, had too much on my plate for schoolwork, or was overwhelmed trying to plan some complicated weekend of travel.

So here's to you, my old whiskered man in the fountain, thanks for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment