Friday, July 8, 2011

Checking off my Bucket List!

1. Went to the Uffizi, check! I don't know if I'm a huge fan of Renaissance art but seeing Botticelli's Venus and Primavera was really amazing.

4. Went to Fiesole, check! My parents and I spent a lovely afternoon and evening walking around Fiesole, seeing the ancient Etruscan and Roman ruins and had an amazing dinner looking over the hills that tumble down to Florence's center.

8. Went to Palazzo Vecchio and saw the Medici rooms, check! Sadly Damien Hirst's diamond encrusted human skull left in May, but the Medici rooms were magnificent and really gave you a taste of the power the Medici family held over Florence for centuries.

9. Got the cheesecake from Tre Panche....twice. check! I went once with my friends and a second time with my parents, Tre Panche is really a must-go for incredible Italian food in a cozy, welcoming, authentic environment.

12. Went to the Galileo Museum, check! For some reason, although I clearly know the difference between the two inventors, when I went I was thinking of it as the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum so I was disappointing to not find any flying machines, but it was still really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment