Thursday, June 2, 2011

Paris, Biarritz, Nice, Paris, Home...but not for long.



After two weeks of traveling in France, I am back in my tiny hometown by the sea. After exams I flew to Paris to meet my traveling companion and stayed there for five days, wandering around the Louvre, eating nutella crepes, and drinking wine in Tuileries. From Paris, we flew to Nice in the south of France and enjoyed three days on the white stone beaches, in the flower, fruit, vegetable, and spice market in the heart of old Nice and some truly amazing boeuf bourguignon. We took an overnight train to Biarritz which is on the rocky coast of Bordeaux and celebrated his 22nd birthday by getting a terrible night of sleep on the compact train seats but made up for it later that day by going surfing at Côte des Basques. We spent our days in Biarritz surfing, eating Paella, exploring the ancient rock formations that stretched out into the open ocean, and tapas hopping along the seafront. We took the train back to Paris for one last night and I said my goodbye to the city from the steps of the Sacré-Coeur in Montmartre, baguette and wine in hand. 

It is very nice to be home for the week, spending lazy days on the beach, enjoying long showers, my parents gourmet cooking, snuggling with my animals, and catching up with family and friends. I leave to go back to Florence on Monday where I will be interning for the summer working with communications and book publishing, so that's certainly something I am very excited about but for now I am thoroughly enjoying the simple life by the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment