Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Back in Florence

I arrived back in Florence late last night after a layover in Paris and one of the things that I am quickly reminded of as I put away my freshly-cleaned-by-mom laundry into my new cedar drawers is the absence of dryers and the acting up of washing machines. The washing machine in my old apartment was located under the sink in the kitchen...I suppose that's convenient if you spill something on yourself while your cooking?

The dryer makes a little more sense being located in a closet but the great thing is that this new apartment has drying ropes hanging outside the windows. In my old apartment my roommates and I would scramble to find a flat/clean space to dry our clothes and would usually have to leave our clothes hanging on all sorts of furniture inside for days until the clothes started to smell a bit like mildew. So the good news is that not only do my clothes get to smell like fresh air but I'll get to participate in the quaintness of the laundry-hanging-out-of-the-window look.

No comments:

Post a Comment